Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Bang and Burn - 4/9


Interstellar goes Catshit Crazy

We're crying too...


Christopher Nolan has a habit of working with a small troop of actors, and that will likely continue as the cast of Interstellar, the Batman director's next feature, begins to take shape. Although, it is my solemn duty to report that instead of Tom Hardy, Cilian Murphy, Leo DiCaprio, Jo Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard, Liam Neeson, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Scarlett Johansson, Heath Ledger (oops), Al Pacino, Robin Williams, or even MF'in Tom Berenger returning, we get Anne Hathaway, who is set to return and costar with Matthew McConnaughey in Interstellar. The worst part of Batman (yes worse than Katie Holmes) is back to be overrated some more. Nolan has always struggled to cast female parts well in my opinion, and he keeps that streak going.

Matt Damon's Bald Plugged in Head is Here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubble Gum

And all the bubble gum is on the moon

Despite the trailer revealing nothing but the fact that much ass will be kicked, Damon looks good with a bald head, Jodie Foster is still a cold witch, and Bloomkamp can film some bad A action, I'm still excited. I know this will have some searing political commentary, and after other films have failed to really provide decent commentary on our times, and be a good film simultaneously (I'm looking at you In Time) I have no doubt Bloomkamp will deliver.

Hercules is Like a Rock

Agent: "Yea Dwayne, Brett Ratner is directing"

Brett Ratner has found a star for his next craphole of a film, Hercules, which exactly nobody was asking for, since Kevin Sorbo isn't involved. No word if Xena will be joining the action (but god I hope she is). While we're all glad that Dwayne "Don't call me the Rock" Johnson is back to doing action instead of kids movies, well... actually, yea, this is probably exactly what we had in mind.

I Like My Coffee Black, with a hint of Chestnut

0 - The amount of people I take seriously named Chestnut

Morris Chestnut is being linked to the role of Black Panther, which Marvel decided not to include in Phase 2, because they're pretty sure 2 black people in the entire universe is enough. But reportedly, despite no solo film (despite being totally worthy of one) the Panther may appear in Avengers 2. Because that cast isn't big enough yet. I've been a vocal advocate of Dijmon Honsou, who is an Oscar nominated very capable actor, and actually African. Also has real screen presence, while Chestnut (that damned name) is a Tyler Perry veteran. Excuse me while I vomit.

Jane's Got a Gun... and if She Were Smart, She'd Use it on Herself

*whisper* "Are you sure the contract says I have to be in this? What if I choke to death on this food? I know it's soup dammit!"

The latest catastrophe in the Jane's Got a Gun saga is that Bradley Cooper has made the mistake of replacing Jude Law who replaced Michael Fassbender in the western starring Portman that was to be directed by We Need to Talk About Kevin's director Lynne Ramsay, who was replaced by Gavin O'Connor (Warrior) 4 days before production was to start. 

...and that's it, so here's this Val Kilmer fun to end your day

No comments:

Post a Comment